Pre-Expatriation Preparation & Training
It can take an expatriate many months to learn how to operate effectively in their new host country. Many old business habits may need to be abandoned and new approaches developed.
This ‘learning curve’ can be very difficult for the expatriate, the expatriate’s family and their new local colleagues. It can also prove an expensive process for the organisation if the expatriate is working sub-optimally. Targeted, quality training interventions prior to expatriation will speed up the process of successful integration and make the whole process more rewarding for all involved.
Typical issues covered might include:
- The impact of cultural difference in a global environment
- Country background issues – economy, education, infrastructure
- Approach to business in the target country
- Communicating effectively in the country
- Learning the language
- Body language
- Living as an expatriate
- Day-to-day issues – housing, schooling, dealing with the authorities etc.
Countries covered include
- Czech Republic
- South Korea
- Hong Kong
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa