Does the name of the company require approval by the Registry or other authorities?
No, but in case when the name will not fulfil the requirements of the Czech law (see the restrictions below) the Registry will refuse to register the name.
How many prospective names will you require?
Are there any restrictions or limitations on words that can be used in company names?
In general the name of the company should not be able to be confused with the name of another company and/or be misleading.
Does the company need to provide a registered address?
Are there any limitations on the registered address (i.e. must be in-country, must not be a PO box)
The registered address has to be in the country and has to have the following form: Street with number of building, part of the city, city and postal code. The consent of the owner of the building with placing of the registered seat must be provided ahead.
If the client has no physical location in-country, can they use your address for the purposes of registration?
How many Directors are required?
The minimum is 1 and the maximum number of directors is not stipulated.
Are any other officers required (i.e. Secretary)?
No other officers are required.
Supervisory Board is optional.
What personal details will you need for each officer?
Name, address, date and place of birth and nationality of the directors. He/she must be of impeccable character.
Is there a requirement for any in country resident directors?
No, but a director mainly must:
Do you need proof of address or Identity for officers? If YES, in what format?
Yes, scan of ID/passport will be sufficient.
How many shareholders are required?
Minimum is 1 and the maximum number is not stipulated.
Are there any restrictions on who can be a shareholder?
What information will you require about shareholder?
Business name, legal form, address, identification number, person(s) acting on behalf of the company as well as his/her position within the company and manner of acting (separately or two or more persons together).In case of a physical person also his/her birth number / date of birth.
Will you require proof of address or ID from the shareholders?
Yes . (e.g. an extract from the Commercial Register or similar register).
Will the company need to specify a maximum number of shares that can be issued?
The maximum number of shareholders is not stipulated. The minimum registered capital is CZK 1; the minimum investment contribution is CZK 1. There are no other restrictions.
Is there a minimum number of shares that must be issued?
Do you require any further information about the company or its officers? If YES, please specify. It is necessary.
Yes, mainly proposed business subjects.
How long will it take to complete incorporation
Timescale of incorporation depends on many factors (in particular delivery of documents from abroad in appropriate form). In general, the whole process of incorporation usually takes 1-2 months.
Is there any way to expedite the incorporation for an extra fee?
1. Execution of the company’s founding document, e.g.:
– Deed of foundation – in case of a sole shareholder,
– Memorandum of association – in case of more shareholders,
– above mentioned founding documents could be signed based on the power of attorney,
2. Collection of all necessary documents, e.g.:
– extract from the commercial register of a future shareholder(s) in case of a legal entity, – affidavit of a future executive(s),
– extract from the criminal record of a future executive(s), (not applicable for Czech citizens)
– consent of the building owner with placing the registered office of a company,
– the connected powers of attorney;
3. Application with a trade license office for all relevant trade licenses, i.e.:
– the entire scope of the company’s business activity must be covered with relevant trade licenses wherever required;
4. Establishment of the special bank account for the contribution payments;
– agreement with a bank;
– confirmation of the custodian/administrator of contributions (i.e. any designated shareholder) that the contributions of shareholders into the registered capital have been paid-up;
5. Registration of the company with the relevant commercial register;
– the company comes into existence upon its registration with the relevant commercial register;
6. Post-completion phase;
– registration of the newly established company with the relevant social security administration, health insurance companies, tax authorities, etc.