Cultural Awareness Training
Global Business Culture helps clients improve levels of cross cultural fluency throughout their organisations via cultural awareness training and so increase their efficiency across borders. Our aim is make clients more globally effective by helping them work smarter.
Employees are increasingly being asked to work across the barriers of culture, language, geography and time zones and our mission is to help clients develop the knowledge and skill-sets needed for success in the globalised world of the twenty-first century.
How we add value:
How do we help our clients become more culturally savvy? Although there is no ‘one-size-fits-all’ solution we know that individuals must go through a three-step process on the journey to cultural fluency:
- Awareness: The first step is for organisations and individuals to realise that cultural fluency is no longer a ‘nice to know’ but has rapidly become a ‘need to know’ in today’s globalised working environment. There needs to be a recognition at both a strategic and day-to-day activity level that cultural differences can significantly impact on the profitability of any company.
- Knowledge: Awareness however is not enough. People need specific knowledge of how other cultures operate in the working environment and how that differs from their own cultural approach. It is not enough, for example, to realise that you need to adapt to the expectations of a client in another country – you need to know how to adapt and that will be different if a client is from China than if they are from Germany.
- Application: Having gained awareness and knowledge, the next step is to work on applying these things to the everyday activities you are involved in. Ideally an organisation should work to embed cultural fluency into the fabric of their corporate culture and every individual should know how cultural differences can impact on their personal effectiveness.
When working cross-border, people just “don’t know what they don’t know” and are often unaware of the global consequences of their actions. We want to work with you to bridge this gap.
Global Business Culture delivers high-impact cultural awareness training in the following areas:
- Generic cultural fluency building
- Country specific awareness raising
- Region specific awareness raising
- Effective cross-border communication
- Working with outsourced partners
- Making Shared Service Centres work
- International negotiations
- Pitching to international clients
Typical cultural awareness training interventions
Although all our programmes are tailored to suit the needs of each individual client, our courses could cover the following formats: