Following-up After the Meeting
Don’t assume, even if you have followed all the steps above, that everybody will have fully understood or agreed with the points arising from the meeting.
The virtual team leader has a responsibility to undertake some targeted follow-up after the meeting has finished.
Try undertaking the following sequence:
- Liaise quickly with the minute-taker to ensure that the minutes are produced and disseminated promptly
- Meeting minutes should be sent out while the issues are still fresh in people’s minds
- Make sure that the minutes are written in concise and easy-to-understand English
- Follow-up key individuals by phone to ensure that they understand what is expected of them – this allows you to clear up any misunderstandings
- Remember that some cultures are more spoken word oriented – a phone call may be more effective than written notes